For 2020, the Whiteside County Farm Bureau Foundation is offering three scholarships to Whiteside County high school seniors and up to two current college students pursuing an agriculture-related degree. The scholarships are valued at $2,500 each.
The Foundation is offering one additional $1,000 scholarship to a student pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a two-year college or technical school.
The Whiteside County Farm Bureau Young Leaders will award up to three additional scholarships valued at $1,000 each.
2019 scholarship recipients
In 2019, the Whiteside County Farm Bureau Foundation awarded $13,500 in scholarships and the WCFB Young Leaders awarded an additional $3,000.
Qualifications are as follows:
- High School Seniors: Must be a graduating in the spring 2020.
- College Students: Full-time student at a college, university or technical school.
- The parent(s) or guardian(s) must be members of the Whiteside County Farm Bureau as of October 1, 2019.
- The Young Leaders scholarship uses the same application as the Foundation but does not require a Whiteside County Farm Bureau membership.
- The student must enroll in a field of study pertaining to agriculture on an agriculture-related field. Remember, in our modern world, several courses of study relate to agriculture in some aspect.